Monday, August 08, 2011

Nature Day Camp (August 8th 2011)

BEDA 1 (Yes, I started late)
Last week and this week, I counsel for the local ecology center near where I live. It's really fun and I enjoy it so much. Normally, we go to the stream or creek bed and look under rocks for crayfish and slugs. Today, in particular, I caught 3 crayfish with my bare hands (One of them was almost 3inches long!). I am very proud of myself for that, even though it's not at all impressive.
This week there are 21 kids and 5 junior counselors, including myself. Then 3 or 4 adult counselors. I love it and I hope to do it again next summer.

I live in a very woodsy area:
For example, this is the side of my street.
And this is, in fact, my backyard.(Well, once you walk past the grass and patio)

Now, imagine that, only woodsier. That. Is what the Nature Day Camp place looks like.
It is called Weis Ecology Center. Here's a link to their website if you'd like to check them out! http://www.njaudubon.org/SectionCenters/SectionWeis/Introduction.aspx


The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment