Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm a Good Person, I Promise

This is mostly for me. But I wanted to document all the times and places I have volunteered in my life. This will be continuously updated.
  • Number of hats I have knitted for Chemotherapy patients: 1. 2011
  • There is this program in my town called "Caring for [insert name of town here] Day" and it is where you spend 5/6hours on a certain street picking up the trash and litter there. I have participated in this 3 times so far.
  • At my high school I have participated in the annual Knit-A-Thon 1 time. 2011
  • I spent 60 hours volunteering at the local ecology center. 2011
  • I spent over 30 hours last summer working in the community garden. 2010
  • The food we grew there was donated to the Center for Food Action. I spent time packing and handing out food there. (3hours) 2010
  • I spent 6hours this summer at the garden. 2011
  • I went on this program called the Midnight Run (7hours). You go into NYC at night and donate clothes and food to homeless people. It was a blast and I was exhausted at the end of it. 2010
  • I worked with horses and took a training session with them so I could work with disabled people who wanted to ride them. It's some sort of therapy. Pony Power. 6hours
  • I collect and donate books to the local pediatric center 2011/2012
  • I was a server/bus boy at an art show at the local Catholic school in my town 2012
  •  To be continued.....if I think of anything else and if I do anything else

No comments:

Post a Comment