Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mothers (August 11th 2011)

BEDA 4

This BEDA thing is really difficult. Not the blogging every day part but the thinking up something to talk about every day.
Today, I am sick. so sick. I'm light-headed and sore and stuffy. Oh wells. We hiked for four hours today at camp. It was a lot of fun, as always. Tomorrow I am dressing Punk for laughs. All the counselors are because it is technically "Radical Rock Star" week at camp. Maybe I'll post a picture if I take one.
Since I still need to clean my room (I was emptying all my drawers and now I have stuff layering my room) and straighten my hair and I want to get to bed early... I will leave you with a poem my mother gave me two birthdays ago.

Promise
To my beautiful daughter
You run towards me
Little bare feet
Hardly touching the road
Shiny gold curls
Messy from the night of sleep
(I insist on restaining with scrunches every morning)
Stars of blue eyes
Reliantly looking looking my silhouette in the crowd

I can promise you
Sun warming someone's face somewhere
Dreams undreamed entering a soothing night
White canvas waiting for the touch of your colors
Open hearts beating with love and compassion
A lonely soul longing just for you

If you run towards me
Wearing high heels
Dirty with disappointments or shame
Baseball hat
Worn backwards on your straightened curls
Tears in your dimmed eyes
Reliantly looking for my silhouette un the crowd

I promise you
I'll be there

Written Feb. 25-March 1 2003


Thank you mommy. I love you!
You are the most wonderful human being in the world and I love you to bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment