Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Library (August 10th 2011)

BEDA 3

Camp was great today. Lots of singing, face paint, and water balloons involved. I had a water hose fight with all the other kids and counselors. It was so much fun!

As you know, I went to Ikea yesterday. At Ikea I got a new bookshelf/dresser because my dresser was broken and my books didn't all fit in my old bookshelf, I had books in drawers and taking over other parts and doubling up in others. (See here in one part of one of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfoLOK5OSbE) Today, after dinner, I cleaned out my bookshelf from all the books and I remembered why I wanted a library in my house. I have wanted one for awhile.
A place with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, comfy chairs, and a colorful carpet. This idea first popped into my head when I first watched the movie "Beauty and the Beast". I loved Belle. Her dedication to reading and her love for books. I loved those slide-y ladders that glide across all the shelves. And then I went ballistic during the castle library scene.

Beauty and The Beast. Disney.
My dream. Right there. One day I will have a huge library.... or at the very least work at one. But for now, I will enjoy the new bookshelf that I got with glass doors.

I have tried to convince my parents, multiple times, to get an addition to our house. Just one room. For a library. It almost worked a couple weeks ago. My father said that he would consider it once we had the money. However, he was probably just saying that so I would stop asking him for one.

During the weekend I am thinking about typing up all the titles and authors of all the books that I own and put them in Author-Title alphabetical order. I also want to keep a record of all the books that I own so I know which ones I lent out to other people and so on.

With all this talk of books and reading.. one would think I would have started my summer reading by now.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment