Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene, Really?(August 27th 2011)

BEDA 20

Hurricane is getting closer! The rain is supposed to start soon. I'm excited I don't know about you. Lower Manhattan and Battery Park was evacuated yesterday. Major highways and parkways have closed all the exits going to the shore. All my friends are within an hour radius from me. My one brother is safe in Europe, somewhere. My other is in Pennsylvania. My parents are home. I have an unlimited supply of books. I have a flashlight. And my house is filled with candles. Black out? No problem. The only thing I'm worried about would be if the water stops. I don't want to smell.
The rain just started at noon. Even though Hurricane Irene hit North Carolina an hour ago. We're only supposed to get 20-30% of the force, so it really, honestly, shouldn't be that awful here. However, we really haven't have any hurricanes here so we don't know how to take any precautions. It's pouring now! grrr. I'm going to hangout with some neighbors in 45 minutes. We were supposed to meet at the street corner so I don't know what's going on with that. We are filling up the bathtubs now with water. Jeez. I guess this was more serious than I thought it was. I need to get going. I have to keep an eye on the tub so it doesn't over flow and (I just checked right now) and make my bed and change out of my jammys. Just a day in the life.

Op! By the way, I hope everyone's okay who got hit really badly. I'll be sending good vibes towards you!

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment