Sunday, September 18, 2011

Girl Scouts

So I just remembered I've never said some of the most important things in my life. Girlscouts being one of them.
I've been a girlscout since the very beginning, meaning Kindergarten. For those of you who are unaware there are different levels in girlscouts, much like boyscouts only cooler.
Here are the stages:
  • Daisies
  • Brownies
  • Juniors
  • Cadettes
  • Ambassadors/Seniors
Only apparently they changed everything so I have no idea what it is now.
The point of girlscouts, for the most part, is to get the awards.
  • Bronze
  • Silver
  • Gold
The awards are different projects that your troop do for a good cause. For example, for our bronze award we are working on a quilt to donate to a women's shelter when it is done. For some reason it has taken us almost 2yrs to do it! For silver, we have recently finished doing a Charity garden. I wrote a post on it earlier. click .  For more information. We are now, actually started yesterday, working on filling out all the paper work for that. I have yet to figure out what I want to do for my Gold award. The Gold award is the only award of the three that should be done individually.  I want to do something with painting though, like paint a waiting room in a hospital and donate some books and toys. We shall see though. Maybe I'll be able to do something like that. The idea of the Gold award is to make an organization and have it continue even when you can't be a part of it anymore. Like our charity garden. Now that we aren't really working on it, the local cubscouts are taking care of our part and the locals started a part of their own! So my gold award has to be something like that!
I am very excited to do that. I just need to do some research first, and I have to complete this before I graduate. Maybe this summer, when I get back from Africa! Ahhh! Speaking of Africa, I am pretty sure that I am going this summer now 92% positive!
Anyway, girlscouts is awesome. We have 10 girls in our troop which is a lot considering we are all pretty much 16. And troops usually split up when the girls turn 12 or so. The girls in our troop go the three different schools, and we are all still very close. We are going down the shore together next weekend so I am very excited for that!

here's a link if you want to find out more about the awards and stuff. http://www.girlscouts.org/program/highest_awards/default.asp

The End. For Now.


oh. P.S. It's officially sweatshirt season!

No comments:

Post a Comment