Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Journalist?

I think I want to be a journalist. I'm not sure. I love traveling. I love writing. I love blogging ;). I love photography. That's what journalists do, innit?
There is a journalism elective at my school but I love art too much to switch. I'll try it out in college to see if it's right for me. I feel like it would be so much fun. Maybe have a column in the paper or a page in a magazine. I could write whatever I want. The world at my hands. I could stay which places were my favorite. I could stay which foods were the best and where. I could be a food critic at the same time!
I took about 800 photos when I went to Bolivia for 2weeks. that's just two weeks. Ahh <--excitement. That was the first vacation that I had a camera of my own for to take pictures. In the summer, I am going to the Everglades in Florida and to the Magical World of Harry Potter. I AM SO EXCITED. It'll be so much fun. We are driving there.
In the spring I'm going here:

Flicker. by bonjour.quebec.
Chateau Frontenac. It's a hotel!
 Nous allons aller en voiture a Quebec. Je parle francaise un peu. 
-I've gone here before when I was very little, so I don't remember much of it. I just remember that I loved it. We're going as a sort of sweet 16 present. I'm extremely excited. I can't wait to talk all about on here and post my pictures.
-I'm not sure about Africa yet. I don't think I'm ready to go on a plane by myself halfway across the world! I've never even spent a weekend by myself alone. Maybe the year after I'm not sure. I love airports though so I will probably find someplace to go on a plane this year. I sort of want to go on a PeopletoPeople trip, but it's probably over priced. I'll figure out something. 
-Maybe I'll go to Australia next summer. Maybe I'll go to Africa. Or maybe I'll take a tour of Europe.  Personally, I like the last one the best I think. It would probably only be to France and Italy. Those are the most exciting out of the ones I haven't been to. I sort of want to go to the Netherlands and Denmark though. I'm not exactly sure why. They just sound fun. Well, I do know why I want to go to Denmark. A) I want to see the Mermaid Statue B) Number the Stars by Lois Lowry took place there. It was my first "big girl" book I guess you could say. I always think of that book as the first serious one that I read.
-My goal in life, as most, probably, is to see the world. I want to go to as many countries as humanly possible. I want to learn as many languages as possible without my head exploding. I can't wait for my "Life" to start. I will see the world. I will.
-Maybe I'll live in Fiji. Maybe I'll live in London. 
I don't know yet. I just don't want to be a failure in life. I want to be successful. I want to be known as a good person. I have a lot of ambitions in life. They will get done. I HAVE FAITH IN MYSELF. 
Speaking of faith. read this. It pretty much explains the way I view religion. I didn't write it, but I couldn't have written it better myself.
Maybe I will be a journalist. That way the only person I have to depend on would be myself and I could do whatever the heck I want.- Free spirited.

2 comments:

  1. Karina, I am really happy you are writing this blog. A chance for me to see a tiny bit of you, you are not the little girl I met last time, but you are artistic as I rememeber. I keep my fingers crossed for your dreams.
    Rememeber Cracow when you come to Europe. My favourite spot here is Italy, I need to go there again, so we have similar choices. Of all the continents it is Africa too, because of the books I have read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you. I wish I could see you soon. And thank you! Send my love to the family over there (including my baby cousin!)

      Delete